The Sketchbook 1

Well it has been a little bit since I did an update, I have just moved from Utah to Savannah, Georgia and getting ready to start at Savannah College of Art and Design. I recently attended the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. There I was able to hear Glen Keane, the Animator for many Disney classics including 'Disney's The Little Mermaid' and some of the things he said really hit me, one was that the thought that he wasn't that great of an artist, but worked hard to become one, and the other was he was trying to get into a Disney animation class and he was having his portfolio reviewed by one of the animators and as he quickly went through he stopped at what Glen thought was one of the worse sketches in his portfolio and said 'If you can do more like this I think we can work with you', and the rest is history. I did not do any photo editing to these, as to preserve the raw quality of the art. So not many of these are masterpieces, but small windows to my potential.













0 comments:

Post a Comment